1.12.2014

The Story

I have a story. And the year 2013 is over, so I need to get on with it.

On the first day of of the last week of June, a friend took me head over heels from the house of my workmate all the way to the beach. Sometimes I can't believe this made me happily insane. And I haven't reached the part with falling for him yet.

I met him once before, a few years ago. We were college mates then. I knew him from there and never heard from him for years.

This is where I say I swear I'm not making this up. Any of it. Even that last part.

I wasn't happy (or maybe I was but not as happy as I am now). I traveled alone. I was in trouble. I was in a familiar place. Lots of friends. Still alone. The last time I saw him, I couldn't remember. He's my favorite friend now.

I felt like I was walking around in someone else's world. Best way to describe it. Stuff like this doesn't happen to me. I don't spend a night with someone I barely know, at the beach, just smiling and smiling the night away. It was fun, though.

Originally I was staying at one of the known apartments in the city, but you see he has a cousin which happens to be my friend, who owns small units I could transfer to. So I'm guessing this was a big opportunity for me to let him be a part of my life. Blah.

Hanging out with them reminded me of going to college in 2009. He became an inspiration at work :) I got to do things I never knew about before. He sneaked me into his room. We went out for ice cream, boodle fights with the awesome guys from BSP. It was different than when I worked for this certain company I was dying to get my hands on. All things change, I guess.

He was bouncing off the walls about the errands he needed to work on. Jolly as he can be, he learned to accept me even if we had some things in the past that did not turn out quite well. He knew I have three pigs. He was kicking around a new idea. I sort of thought I shouldn't be hearing this new idea. I pretended not to hear the idea, even when he kept coming over to my rented apartment to discuss the idea. I pretended not to hear it the whole weekend. I wasn't supposed to hear it just like I wasn't supposed to have any fun. Then I was eating breakfast with him before going to fetch my three litol pigs.

And now the idea has a kickstarter.

There are lots of cool things about him to boast about. One mere fact is his smile. I just can't take that off my mind. I know anybody would fall for that. And see where it got me? Hah!

No comments: