8.03.2010

Grandparents..

Seriously, what comes to your mind when the word "grandparents" is mentioned? The father or mother of a person's own father and/or mother? Old? Wrinkled? Thoughtful? Spoilers? Hehehe.. Well me, too. I think of those stuffs. But hey, that isn't the issue here. I am terribly missing my grannies for a couple of months now.


Here they are. We call our grandparents "Lolo" and "Lola", and there's this traditional way here in the Philippines of honoring them when we see them. "Bless", we take their hand and kind of put it against our forehead. I don't actually know what's the explanation for that but we seem to be used to it already.

I have my own theory why I miss them more than I miss my own mother. Because I grew up with them since birth (my mother left me to them so they have to take care of me IN SPITE OF THEIR AGE AND THEIR SITUATION BACK THEN) and for the fact that they are always there even if I don't need them. It's like I'm their own daughter or something. It's because I can feel how much they love me and care for me more than they do on their own children. Seems like I am their favorite! Ugh, I just included that "favorite" thingy coz I remember this incident when one of my cousins yelled at them in front of me (yeah shameful! SHE really did that to them, asked them repeatedly why I am always the favorite of the family LOL). Guess this isn't luck, they just really love me.

You see, I was kinda wondering how they made it, when I knew that most of the grandparents out there don't even try reaching out for their grandchildren. Some even turn down invitations from their children for a reunion or any occasion. Out of all the possible answers I got (from myself), nothing seemed to make sense! Hehehe!

Oooh I just couldn't stand thinking what would I be without them! I love my grandparents for who they are, and for the pure fun my JD and JC have with them. I'm proud of how they brought me up, and I admit I am spoiled-rotten by them (no doubt!)..

No comments: