11.05.2010

19th Anniversary of the Flash Flood in Ormoc City


This is the new Ormoc City now. Is described as the 1st class city in the province of Leyte, Philippines. The name's derived from the word Ogmok (which I honestly do not know what it means, you can look it up on google yourself). It now has suburban towns and is slowly rising from that horrific tragedy exactly 19 years from this day.

Here, I found an actual photo of that incident:


In November 05, 1991, I was 1 year and 7 months old (I do not know everything) when this tropical storm "Uring" hit Ormoc City. It caused too much flash floods and landslides that killed over 6,000 (or more) people. Good thing no one from our family got caught in the flood.

Again, as I was saying, I can't put all the details here because I was still a baby when this happened.

Today, join us Ormocanons pray for the souls of those who perished in the flood.

Thank you for your time!


*THIS BLOG IS ORIGINALLY MADE BY ME, EVERYTHING IS, UNLESS I PUT original source IN THE END OF EACH BLOG, SO KAMO MGA TAGA ORMOC NGA MANGAWAT ANI AKONG BLOG (LABI NA ATONG TANAN NAAS AKONG BLOGSPOT), PAKYU NINYU.. AYAW MO CGEG PANGOPYA KAY NAGKABUANG KOG INIGLIS ANA TAWN! RESPECT IS THE SUBJECT!*



No comments: